Saturday, March 3, 2012

Culhane's Irish Pub - March 3

Culhane's Irish Pub

Price: $$ ($8.00-$17.00)
Location: Atlantic Beach
Website: http://www.culhanesirishpub.com/

 Where to start? My boyfriend and I are both Irish and I have been wanting to go to a pub for quite some time now. Not for the pub part but for the food, of course. The atmosphere is exactly how I would picture a pub: low lighting, Guinness posters all over the walls and hanging from the ceilings, a stage for live music and a long bar with about fifteen different Irish Whiskeys to choose from. Unfortunately I am two months shy from trying a Guinness but the food made up for the loss. 

 We started out with an order of Blarney Lamb Sliders. I don't know the exact seasoning that they put into the meat but all I can say is that it is DELISH! The small patties were topped with thick slices of red onion and tomato, drizzled with a curry aioli sauce all between a crispy, toasted bun. The winner of the slider was, as Guy Fieri would say, "the mac daddy crust" on the burgers. Grilling burgers on a flat top is always a good decision.



 My boyfriend, Michael, ordered the Guinness Stew which I can only think of to describe as the ultimate Irish comfort food. The stew was thick and hardy with huge chunks of Guinness marinated beef and thick cut carrots and potatoes. Taking one bite makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. One warning. You may feel the urge to take a nap afterwards. 



 I ordered the best out of all three dishes as anyone would expect! The name is a little funny but it's called the Dingle Fish Pie. I am not the biggest seafood admirer but this was covered in cheese so I thought that I would make an exception this one time. I am so happy that I did. This has got to be one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had. Sorry dad. It included salmon, cod and shrimp with potatoes and peas thrown in the mix. I thought the potatoes to be out of place and a little unnecessary in this dish but the rest was absolutely mouth watering. The cod and salmon melt in your mouth while the shrimp provides the firmness to the meal and the peas give that little pop of sweetness. And the Parmesan cheese sauce, oh my god. It was divine. If you don't get this when you visit here you are seriously missing out.

  

 I will definitely be visiting here again. I just wish I could celebrate the "green beer drinking holiday", St. Patty's, here...


Culhane's Irish Pub & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this place too. The prices are not high and the quality of the food is amazing! I would recommend this to everyone I meet. Im also Irish myself so it holds a little place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete